Sweet Potato Chicken Casserole
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||54 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||170 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
- Recipe serves:5
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time35 min
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped and divided
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch /1.5 cm pieces (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 large leaves kale, stems removed and sliced (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 1 package Knorr® Cream of Leek Dry Soup Mix
- 1 package (340 g) refrigerated biscuits, separated and quartered
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Melt 1/2 Tbsp. (7 mL) margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 4 minutes, adding 1 clove garlic during last 30 seconds of cook time. Remove chicken and garlic; set aside.
- Melt 1/2 Tbsp. (7 mL) margarine in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook sweet potatoes, stirring frequently, until golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in water, milk, kale and Knorr® Cream of Leek Dry Soup Mix and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and garlic; immediately pour into shallow 2-qt. (2 L) baking dish.
- Melt remaining 1/2 Tbsp. (7 mL) margarine in medium microwave-safe bowl. Stir in remaining 1 clove garlic and biscuits and toss to coat. Top chicken mixture with biscuits and bake 20 minutes until bubbling and biscuits are browned.
- *Becel® Gold in Quebec.
TIP: Also terrific with other dark leafy greens like Swiss chard or spinach.
- See nutrition information for sodium content.