Prawn & Bowtie Pasta
A zesty pasta salad with kale, cabbage, shallots and peas.
|Calories from Fat||70|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||53 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||25 %|
|Vitamin C||40 %|
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time20 min
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) grated lemon peel
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) dried thyme leaves
- 1 lb. (450 g) uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 carton (900 mL.) Knorr® Chicken Broth
- 8 ounces (250 g) uncooked farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen peas
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped baby kale
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped, toasted pistachios, (optional)
- Combine oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, vinegar, shallot, garlic and thyme in medium bowl. Remove half of the mixture and set aside. Add shrimp to bowl with remaining mixture; toss and set aside to marinate.
- Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil in medium saucepan and cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during the last 2 minutes of cook time. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooking liquid. Rinse pasta and peas with cold running water and drain again.
- Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook shrimp, turning once, until shrimp turn pick, about 5 minutes. Coarsely chop shrimp.
- Combine pasta, peas, reserved dressing, shrimp, kale and cabbage in large bowl. Stir in reserved cooking liquid. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve, garnished, if desired, with chopped toasted pistachios.