Slow Cooker Beef Barley Stew
|Calories from Fat||80|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbs||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||8 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
- Recipe serves:8
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time4 hr
- 2 pots Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1 lb. (450 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced 1/2-inch (1.5 cm) thick
- 1 can (400 mL.) no-salt added diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) uncooked pearl barley
- Combine Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef with 1/2 cup (125 mL) water in small microwave-safe bowl. Cook in microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker; stir to mix.
- Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 5 hours until beef and barley are tender.
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of iron, fibre and vitamin C.