Creamy Bacon Carbonara Pasta with Chicken & Rapini
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||26 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||30 %|
|Vitamin C||25 %|
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time15 min
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 package Knorr Sidekicks® Creamy Bacon Carbonara Pasta Side Dish
- 8 ounces (227 g) rapini*, cut into 1-inch/2.5 cm pieces (about 4 cups/1 L) OR 8 oz. (227 g) broccoli florets (about 4 cups/1 L)
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook garlic, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add 1 cup (250 mL) water and 1 cup (250mL) milk and bring to a boil. Stir in Knorr Sidekicks® Creamy Bacon Carbonara Pasta Side Dish and cook covered according to package directions, adding rapini during the last 5 minutes of cook time.
- Stir in chicken and serve garnished, if desired, with toasted chopped walnuts and grated Parmesan cheese.
- *Rapini, also called broccoli rabe (or raab), is a cruciferous vegetable (related to broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, bok choy and Brussels sprouts). The leaves, buds and stems are all edible. It can have a bitter taste, so, if desired, blanch it before adding to the recipe to remove some of the bitterness.
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of calcium and iron.
See nutrition information for sodium content.