Portuguese Cod Stew
|Calories from Fat||140|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||230 %|
|Vitamin C||180 %|
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time25 min
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Oil
- 1 lb. (450 g) all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch/1.5 cm cubes
- 3 ounces (90 g) chorizo, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water
- 4 large leaves kale, stems removed and sliced (about 4 cups/1 L)
- 1 package Knorr® Vegetable Dry Soup Mix
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 1 lb. (450 g) cod, cut into 4 pieces
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat and cook potatoes and chorizo covered, stirring frequently, until potatoes soften, about 8 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Stir in water, kale and Knorr® Vegetable Dry Soup Mix and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and cook covered 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and place cod in pot, spooning some of the mixture over cod. Cover and cook over medium heat until cod flakes with fork, about 8 minutes.
- Garnish, if desired, with chopped cilantro and parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
- Each serving of stew is an excellent source of fibre and vitamin C as well as a good source of calcium and iron.