|Calories from Fat||140|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||20 %|
|Vitamin C||35 %|
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time20 min
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. (7 mL) garam masala
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 can (398 g.) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 10% half and half cream
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Melt 1 Tbsp (15 mL) margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, in batches if necessary, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion to same skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in garam masala, ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomato sauce, Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken and 1/2 cup (125 mL) water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in half and half cream and cook until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until thoroughly cooked, about 2 minutes. Serve, if desired, sprinkled with chopped cilantro.
- *Becel® Gold in Quebec.
Each serving of this dish is a source of fibre, calcium and iron.