Chicken & Mushrooms with Carbonara Pasta
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||25 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time15 min
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (about 1-¼ lbs./625 g)
- 1 package (300 g.) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup Knorr® Chicken Broth
- 1 package Knorr Sidekicks® Creamy Bacon Carbonara Pasta Side Dish
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- Melt 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, until thoroughly cooked, about 6 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) margarine in same skillet and cook mushrooms, stirring frequently, until golden. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in Knorr® Chicken Broth and cook until almost evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Knorr Sidekicks® according to package directions, adding peas during last 3 minutes of cook time. Spoon Pasta onto serving platter.
- Top with chicken, mushrooms and juices from skillet.
- *Becel Gold in Quebec
TIP: Try with different varieties of mushrooms like cremini or oyster mushrooms or a combination of different wild mushrooms.
- Each serving of this pasta provides 2½ servings of vegetables and is a good source of iron. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.