Chili Con Carne
|Calories from Fat||80|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||50 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|
|Vitamin A||20 %|
|Vitamin C||45 %|
- Recipe serves:6
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time15 min
- 1 lb. (450 g) extra lean ground beef [or ground turkey]
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Mexican Rice Side Dish
- 1 can (796 mL.) no-salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water
- 1 can (540 mL.) no-salt added red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 Tbsp. (90 mL) lowfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Brown ground beef with onion in 4-quart (4 L) stockpot; drain, if desired.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Garnish with sour cream, cheese and green onion.
- TIP: Spice it up with hot pepper sauce and/or chopped jalapeno peppers!