Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||50 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||50 %|
- Recipe serves:8
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time25 min
- 2 Tbsp. Becel® Oil
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 4 cups chopped assorted vegetables, (such as beets, sweet potatoes, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms)
- 1 can (540 mL) chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine Becel® Oil and curry powder in large bowl; add vegetables and chick peas and toss to mix and coat. Spread evenly on baking sheet. Season if desired, with salt and pepper.
- Bake 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare quinoa according to package directions, adding Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken to cooking water.
- Toss vegetables with cooked quinoa; stir in orange juice and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Tasty Tips: Toss with some chopped fresh cilantro or mint. Try using other whole grains such as wheat berry or bulgur in place of quinoa.
- Each serving of this salad is low in fat, high in fibre, and an excellent source of vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.