Herb Crusted Pork Roast
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
- Recipe serves:8
- Prep Time10 min
- Marinate for0 hr
- Cook Time1 hr 40 min
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast, about 5 to 6 lbs (2.5 to 3 kg), chine bones removed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Chicken Bouillon
- 3 cups (750 mL) cold water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain dry bread crumbs
- Put roast in large bowl or pot. Combine Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Chicken Bouillon and water and pour over roast, making sure roast is fully submerged in the liquid. Refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Remove roast from bowl and pat dry. Combine Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise, rosemary, thyme, garlic and pepper in medium bowl. Coat roast with Mayonnaise mixture. Coat with bread crumbs. Place in roasting pan.
- Roast 1 hour 30 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 145°F (63°C). Remove roast from oven and increase oven temperature to 425°F (220°C).
- Return roast to oven and roast 10 minutes or until crust is browned. Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
- TIP: Makes a perfect Easter dinner entree. Pair each serving of this dish with 1 cup of glazed baby carrots and peas with fresh mint.
- Each serving of this dish is a source of calcium and iron. *See Nutrition Information for saturated fat content.