White Cheddar Mac & Cheese
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||62 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
|Vitamin A||20 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- 8 ounces whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko
- 3 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package Knorr® Alfredo Pasta Sauce Mix
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Grease 8-in (2 L) baking dish; set aside.
- Toss cheeses together in medium bowl. Combine crumbs with 1/4 cup (60 mL) cheese mixture in another medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in medium saucepan. Add 2 Tbsp (30 mL) to crumb mixture and toss. Add milk to saucepan with remaining spread and whisk in Knorr® Alfredo Pasta Sauce Mix; bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, whisking, until slightly thickened.
- Return cooked pasta to pasta pot. Stir remaining cheese and if desired, a pinch of nutmeg into Sauce; pour over pasta and toss to mix. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
- TIP: Add a handful of cooked broccoli florets to pasta mixture just before baking for added nutrition, color and texture. * Becel Gold in Quebec
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of iron and an excellent source of calcium and fibre.