Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||150 %|
|Vitamin C||8 %|
- Recipe serves:8
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time8 hr
- 4 lbs. beef short ribs, trimmed of fat
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 large carrots, cut into 2-in (5 cm) pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 package Knorr® Brown Classic Roast Gravy Mix
- 1 cup PLUS 2 Tbsp (30 mL) water, divided
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Brown short ribs in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove and place in slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, garlic and thyme.
- Drain fat from skillet. Add 1 cup water and Knorr® Brown Classic Roast Gravy Mix, stirring well and scraping brown bits from bottom of skillet. Pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until short ribs are tender. Remove short ribs and vegetables to serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- If desired, remove excess fat from slow cooker. Thicken gravy by stirring flour with remaining 2 tablespoons water in small bowl. Add to slow cooker and cook on HIGH until thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with short ribs and vegetables.
- TIP: If desired, replace 1/3 cup water with dry red wine. A sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley adds a nice touch to the finished dish.
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of iron and is a source of fibre and vitamin C.