Irish Steak & Ale Stew
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||90 %|
|Vitamin C||2 %|
- Recipe serves:8
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time2 hr 20 min
- 3 slices reduced sodium bacon, chopped
- 3 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 12 ounces dark-style beer or stout
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon
- Preheat oven to 350°F ( 180° C ). Toss beef with flour and black pepper in large bowl to coat; set aside.
- Cook bacon in large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir in beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in beer and Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon, scraping up brown bits from bottom of skillet. Bring to boil over high heat.
- Turn into 3-quart (3 L ) casserole or Dutch oven. Bake covered until beef is tender, about 2 hours.
- TIP: Add ½ cup each of chopped onion, celery and diced tomatoes for a heartier stew.
- Each serving of this stew is an excellent source of iron and provides ½ serving of vegetables. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.