Sauteed Pork & Cranberries with Mushroom Rice
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||37 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time15 min
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch (1.9 cm) thick
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dried cranberries
- 4 Tbsp. (60 mL) orange juice, divided
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) heavy or whipping cream
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Country Mushroom Rice & Vermicelli Side Dish
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook pork chops, turning once, until done, about 8 minutes; remove chops from skillet and set aside.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. (15 mL.) margarine in same skillet over medium heat and cook onion and garlic until lightly browned. Stir in cranberries and 3 Tbsp. (45 mL.) orange juice; boil 1 minute. Stir in cream; return chops to skillet and heat through.
- Meanwhile, bring water, remaining margarine, orange juice and Knorr® Sidekicks® to a boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 7 minutes or until rice is tender. Serve Rice with chops.
- *Becel® Gold in Quebec.
Each serving of this dish is a good source of iron, and a source of fibre and vitamin C. *See nutrition information for sodium content.