Salmon & Leek Chowder
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||40 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
- Recipe serves:6
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time20 min
- 2 slices reduced sodium bacon, chopped and divised
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 cups peeled and chopped all-purpose potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 package Knorr® Cream of Leek Dry Soup Mix
- 1 -lb. salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 2 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Cook bacon until crisp in large saucepan. Remove bacon and set aside; reserve drippings.
- Cook celery, carrot, potatoes and onion in reserved drippings over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in water, milk and Knorr® Cream of Leek Dry Soup Mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. stir in salmon, until salmon flakes with a fork and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley bacon. Top with finely chopped dill, if desired.
- TIP: Aim to eat least 2 servings of fish a week. Try this satisfying chowder tonight for a great way to add fish to your weeknight routine.
- Each serving of this chowder provides 1 serving of vegetables and is a source of calcium and vitamin C.