Autumn Corn Chowder
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||26 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||40 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
- Recipe serves:8
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time25 min
- 2 slices reduced sodium bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped leek, white parts only
- 10 ounces peeled butternut squash, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 8 cups water
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 1 sachet Knorr® Sidekicks® Harvest Chicken Rice & Vermicelli Side Dish
- Cook bacon in large saucepot until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bacon from saucepot. Set aside and reserve drippings.
- Cook leek, squash, celery and corn in reserved drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add water and bring to boil then reduce heat to medium low and cook 10 minutes. Remove 2 cups of broth and vegetables and set aside.
- Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken and Knorr® Sidekicks® Harvest Chicken Rice & Vermicelli Side Dish. Cover and cook 7 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, process reserved 2 cups broth and vegetables in blender until smooth; stir into saucepot and cook until heated through.
- TIP: Nothing beats fresh vegetables - but frozen or canned vegetables save time and can be just as nutritious. Look for no added sugar, fat or salt varieties.
- Each serving of this chowder is low in fat and provides 1½ servings of vegetables. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.