Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Burritos
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||8 %|
|Vitamin C||30 %|
- Recipe serves:12
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time4 hr
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) boneless beef brisket or flank steak, trimmed
- 2 medium green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 jar (640 mL.) pasta sauce
- 1 Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 12 burrito size flour tortillas, warmed
- Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and brown brisket. Remove brisket and set aside.
- Cook green peppers in same saucepot, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in pasta sauce, Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s) and garlic.
- Cook covered on HIGH 4 to 6 hours or LOW 8 to 10 hours or until brisket is fork-tender. Remove brisket from sauce; cool slightly, then shred with two forks. Return to sauce and serve rolled up in tortillas. Serve, if desired, with guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream or your favourite toppings.
- Always allow meat to rest at least 5 minutes after cooking. This will allow it to relax and retain its flavorful juices for these delicious burritos.
- Each serving of this dish provides 1 serving of vegetables and is a good source of iron and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.