Caramelized Onion & Carrot Soup
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||510 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
- Recipe serves:6
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time25 min
- 2 Tbsp. Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 large onion
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 7 cups water
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Vegetable
- 2 lbs. carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika (optional)
- Heat Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* in large saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring frequently, until onion is deep golden brown, about 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar and cook until absorbed, about 1 minute.
- Add water, Knorr® Homestyle Stock Vegetable, carrots and paprika. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Process, in batches if necessary, in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Tip: Garnish with fresh parsley or cilantro just before serving. *Becel®Gold in Quebec.
- Each serving of this soup is high in fibre and a source of calcium and vitamin C.