Chicken with White Wine & Cream Sauce
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||8 %|
|Vitamin C||6 %|
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time35 min
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, (about 625 g)
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 package cremini mushrooms, halved (300g)
- 1 cup white wine or water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken and reserve drippings; set aside.
- Cook onion with garlic in reserved drippings, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine and cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Reduced Sodium Chicken until Stock is melted. Return chicken to skillet and simmer, covered, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes. Stir in basil.
- For a lower-fat alternative, omit heavy cream and stir in 30 mL reduced fat cream cheese before serving.
- Each serving of this dish provides 2 servings of vegetables and is a source of calcium and iron.