Savoury Cheese & Leek Scones
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||12 %|
|Vitamin C||0 %|
- Makes 24 scones
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- 1 package Knorr® Cream of Leek Dry Soup Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine Knorr® Cream of Leek recipe mix with water in small saucepan with wire whisk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat, then stir in cream; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder and pepper in large bowl. Stir in cheese. Stir in soup mixture and stir until mixture just holds together, stirring in teaspoons of cold water if needed. (Dough will be sticky).
- Gently knead dough on lightly floured surface with floured hands until dough holds together. Shape dough into two 8-inch circles. Cut each circle with floured knife into 12 wedges. Arrange wedges on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or cool on wire racks.
- TIP: Try stirring in 1/4 cup (50 mL) bacon bits to flour mixture. MAKE-AHEAD TIPS: Scones can be shaped, then refrigerated on baking sheet until ready to bake. OR, scones can be frozen unbaked. Keep tightly covered, then bake as above increasing baking time by 5 minutes.
- Each serving of this scone is a source of calcium and iron.