Grilled Teriyaki Shrimp Tacos
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||58 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||4 %|
|Vitamin C||35 %|
- Recipe serves:6
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time15 min
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) water
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) cornstarch
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Hellmann's® 1/2 the Fat mayonnaise-type dressing
- 1 lb. (500 g) uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 4 slices fresh pineapple , about 1.5 cm thick
- 1 medium red onion, sliced 1.5 cm thick
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced green onions
- 12 fajita_size_(6_in./15_cm) flour tortillas or corn tortillas, warmed
- Heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat and cook ginger with garlic 30 seconds. Combine water, soy sauce and cornstarch in small bowl. Stir into saucepan. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken and bring to a boil. Stir until Stock melts. Remove from heat, then stir in brown sugar. Remove 2 tablespoons (30 mL) marinade and stir into Hellmann’s® ½ the Fat Mayonnaise; set aside for sauce. Toss shrimp with ¼ cup (50 mL) marinade; set aside.
- Brush pineapple and onion with marinade. Grill until tender, about 5 minutes; chop and place in medium bowl. Grill shrimp until shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Turn into bowl and toss with remaining marinade.
- Serve shrimp mixture in tortillas and top with sauce. Garnish, if desired, with chopped cilantro.
- Each serving of this taco is a good source of calcium and vitamin C and provides 1 serving of fruits and vegetables.