Hearty Lentil Stew
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||39 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
|Vitamin A||30 %|
|Vitamin C||15 %|
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time40 min
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 pouch Knorr® Recipe Savoury Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar , (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat and cook carrots and celery, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add lentils and cook 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups (475 mL) water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes.
- Stir in Knorr® Recipe® Savoury Herb with Garlic Soup Mix blended with remaining 1 cup (240 mL) water. Simmer covered, until lentils are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in vinegar. Serve over hot couscous or rice.
- Serve with whole wheat roti for more fibre.
- Each serving of this stew is low in fat and an excellent source of fibre and iron. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.