Spring Vegetable Chicken Soup
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||8 %|
|Vitamin C||30 %|
- Recipe serves:6
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time20 min
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cups (500 mL) Knorr® Chicken Broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) watercress
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) 2% milk
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) reduced fat sour cream
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat and cook celery, onion, leek and garlic, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in potato, Knorr® Chicken Broth, water and watercress. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Process soup in blender or food processor until smooth. Return to saucepan, then stir in milk, lemon juice and pepper; heat through, but do not boil. Garnish with sour cream.
- Try using nonfat Greek yogourt instead of sour cream for lower fat and extra calcium.
- Each serving of this soup provides 2 servings of vegetables and is a good source of vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for saturated fat content.