Maple-Balsamic Salmon with Roast Potato & Arugula Salad
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||37 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||10 %|
|Vitamin C||90 %|
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time35 min
- 1 sachet Knorr® Chicken or Beef Bouillon
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. baby red new potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 large shallots or 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or pancake syrup
- 1 lb. salmon fillet, cut into 4 strips
- 6 cups baby arugala or spinach
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200ºC). Arrange two oven racks to accomodate two baking sheets. Combine Knorr® Chicken or Beef Bouillon with olive oil in small bowl . Arrange potatoes and shallots on baking sheet, then toss with ½ of the oil mixture. Roast 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar with maple syrup in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes; cool.
- Arrange salmon fillets on second baking sheet. Brush salmon with ½ of the vinegar mixture. Stir potatoes and onions. Roast salmon 12 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork and potatoes are tender.
- Combine remaining oil with remaining vinegar mixtures.
- Just before serving, toss dressing with arugula and cabbage. Top with potatoes, then salmon.
- Each serving of this dish is an excellent source of vitamin C and a good source of fibre and iron.