Aztec Chicken & Corn Soup
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||0 %|
|Vitamin C||20 %|
- Recipe serves:8
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time20 min
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 2 cups (500 mL) zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) Spanish onion, chopped
- 6 cups (2 L) water
- 2 pots Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken
- 2 Tbsp. cornmeal
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime juice
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook corn, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 7 minutes. Stir in zucchini and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Turn vegetable mixture into large saucepot. Add water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in cornmeal. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken and heat through. Just before serving, stir in cilantro and lime juice. Garnish, if desired, with shredded cheese, toasted sliced almonds and hot pepper sauce.
- Each serving of this soup is low in fat and a source of fibre and vitamin C.