Coconut Curry Shrimp
|Calories from Fat||140|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||43 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||30 %|
|Vitamin C||100 %|
|Vitamin B6||-1 mg|
|Vitamin D||-1 IU|
|Vitamin E||-1 mg|
|Vitamin K||-1 mcg|
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time15 min
- 1 lb. (450 g) uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) curry powder, divided
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 can (410 mL.) light coconut milk
- 1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Chicken Fried Rice Side Dish
- Season shrimp with 1 teaspoon (5 mL) curry powder.
- Heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook shrimp, turning once, until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil in same skillet and cook onion, red pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon (5 mL) curry, stirring frequently, until vegetables are almost tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in coconut milk and Knorr Sidekicks®. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Stir in shrimp; heat through. Garnish, if desired, with cilantro.
- Each serving of this dish is an excellent source of vitamin C and iron. Looking to add more veggies? Throw in frozen peas and chopped spinach! *See nutrition information for sodium content.