Balsamic Chicken with Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Vegetables
|Calories from Fat||190|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||36 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||30 %|
|Vitamin C||10 %|
|Vitamin B6||-1 mg|
|Vitamin D||-1 IU|
|Vitamin E||-1 mg|
|Vitamin K||-1 mcg|
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time15 min
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs./625 g)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped, divided
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) heavy or whipping cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Gravy Side Dish
- 1 package (300 g.) frozen cut green beans, cooked according to package directions
- Melt 1 tablespoon (15 mL) margarine in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, until chicken is almost done, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Melt 1 tablespoon (15 mL) margarine in same skillet over medium heat and cook 1 clove garlic 30 seconds. Stir in vinegar and cook, stirring frequently, until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Stir in cream and cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Add water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, then whisk in Gravy mix. Add chicken; turn to coat. Simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat and cook remaining 1 clove garlic, stirring frequently, 30 seconds. Prepare Mashed Potatoes in same saucepan according to package directions, increasing water to 1-1/2 cups (375 mL).
- Serve chicken and potatoes with gravy and hot green beans.
- *Becel Gold in Quebec.
Each serving of this dish is a good source of calcium and a source of fibre, Vitamin C and iron.