Southwestern Corn Chowder
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin C||35 %|
|Vitamin B6||-1 mg|
|Vitamin D||-1 IU|
|Vitamin E||-1 mg|
|Vitamin K||-1 mcg|
- Recipe serves:6
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 3 large all-purpose potatoes, peeled and diced (about 1 lb./500 g)
- 1 cup (250 g) finely chopped onion
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- 1 can (465 mL.) creamed corn
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* in large saucepan over medium heat and cook potatoes with onion, stirring occasionally, until potatoes start to stick and onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken until Stock is melted. Stir in water, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of saucepan. Stir in corn and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Lightly mash potatoes with fork or potato masher until creamy. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Each serving of this chowder is a good source of vitamin C and a source of fibre and iron.