Homestyle Pot Roast
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||110 %|
|Vitamin C||10 %|
- Recipe serves:6
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time3 hr
- 1 Tbsp. (1 mL) Becel® Oil
- 2 1/2 lbs. (1.25 kgs) boneless beef chuck steak
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dry red wine or water
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) water, divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby carrots
- Preheat oven 350°F (180°C). Heat oil in large oven-proof saucepot over medium-high heat and brown beef. Remove beef and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook onions, stirring frequently, 8 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme and cook 1 minute. Stir in wine, Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef and 1 cup (250 mL) water until Stock is melted. Return beef to saucepot. Bake covered 2 hours. Stir in carrots and bake an additional 30 minutes or until beef and carrots are tender. Remove beef and carrots to serving platter and keep warm.
- To make gravy, combine 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) all-purpose flour with remaining 1/3 cup (75 mL) water in small bowl. Stir into sauce with wire whisk and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Each serving of this dish is an excellent source of iron and a source of fibre and vitamin C.