Broccoli & Cheese Casserole
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||60 %|
|Vitamin C||150 %|
- Recipe serves:6
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time35 min
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 small onion
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 2% milk
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 cups (2 L) broccoli florets or cauliflower florets, blanched just until tender
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 2L baking dish with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt Becel® Buttery Taste margarine* in large saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring frequently, until tender, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, then stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken and boil until Stock is melted and sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, then stir in 250 mL cheese; let stand 1 minute. Stir in broccoli and mustard. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake 20 minutes. Top with remaining 125 mL cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- *Becel® Gold in Quebec.
- Each serving of this casserole is a source of fibre and an excellent source of calcium and vitamin C.