Home-Style Beef Stew
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time18 min
- Cook Time1 hr 25 min
- 1 lb. beef round steak, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups baby red new potatoes
- 3 medium carrots, cut into thick slices
- Toss beef with flour; set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepot over medium heat and brown beef. Remove beef from saucepot; set aside.
- Stir onions and garlic into same saucepot and cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef, hot water, Worcestershire sauce and beef. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes or until beef is almost tender. Stir in potatoes and carrots and simmer an additional 40 minutes or until beef tender and vegetables are tender.
- Tip: This recipe also tastes great made with Beef Bovril. Simply substitute 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon for the Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef.
- Beef's iron is easier for your body to absorb than that found in plant sources, like tofu. Try this tonight to help give you and your family the energy needed to survive hectic weeknights.