Saucy Swedish Meatballs
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time45 min
- 1 lb. (450 g) ground beef
- 1 (0 ) egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) milk
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 package Knorr® Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole berry cranberry sauce
- Combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper in large bowl. Shape into 18 meatballs. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown meatballs. Combine Knorr® Brown Gravy Mix with water in small bowl and add to skillet. Stir in cranberry sauce and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Turn meatballs into 13 x 9-inch (32.5 x 23 cm) casserole and let cool. Wrap tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil and freeze.
- To bake, preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Remove casserole dish from freezer and bake covered 45 minutes or until heated through. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked noodles or rice.