Make-Ahead Chicken Stew
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time30 min
- Cook Time1 hr
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 can (540 mL) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby carrots
- 2 Knorr® Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool, then turn into 13 x 9-inch casserole dish. Cover tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil and freeze.
- To bake, preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Remove casserole from freezer and bake covered 45 minutes. Remove foil, stir and bake an additional 15 minutes or until bubbling. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked noodles or mashed potatoes.