Chicken & Leek Pot Pies
- Makes 2 pot pies
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time1 hr
- 4 pie crusts
- 4 cups milk
- 1 package Knorr® Cream of Leek Dry Soup Mix
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Arrange 1 pie crust into each of 2 pie plates; set aside.
- Bring milk and Knorr® Cream of Leek Dry Soup Mix to a boil over medium-high heat in 4-quart (3.8 L) saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes. Stir in vegetables, chicken, thyme and pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese until melted. Divide mixture evenly into 2 pie platess. Top pies with pie crusts and seal bottom and top edges together. Trim and crimp the edges. Make small slits in the pastry with the tip of a knife. Wrap the pies in heavy-duty foil and freeze.
- To bake, preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Remove foil, using some to cover the edges of pie shell. Bake 50 minutes. Remove the foil edges and bake an additional 10 minutes or until crust is golden.
- If you want to eat one of the pies now and freeze the other for later, simply bake the unfrozen pie as soon as you assemble it in a 375° F (190° C) oven 20 minutes or until crust is golden.