Chicken Florentine Rice Casserole
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time30 min
- Cook Time1 hr
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (300 g.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® Vegetable Dry Soup Mix
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (540 mL) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Heat olive oil in 4-quart (3.8 L) saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in spinach, water and Knorr® Vegetable Dry Soup Mix. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in rice and let stand covered 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, beans and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Turn mixture into greased 13 x 9-inch (32.5 x 23 cm.) baking dish. Let cool, then wrap tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil and freeze.
- To bake, preheat oven to 375° F (190° C) oven. Remove casserole from freezer and bake covered 45 minutes. Remove foil, then sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.