Chicken Rice Florentine Casserole
|Calories from Fat||-1|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||72 g|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g|
|Vitamin A||75 %|
|Vitamin C||35 %|
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time55 min
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (300 g.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® Vegetable Dry Soup Mix
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (540 mL) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C.)
- Heat the olive oil in large saucepan set over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in spinach, water and Knorr® Vegetable Dry Soup Mix and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in rice and let stand covered 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, beans and 1 cup cheese.
- Turn mixture into greased 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23-cm.) baking dish. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup (250 mL.) cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- *To make ahead: Proceed with step 2. Turn mixture into greased 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23-cm.) baking dish. Let cool, then wrap tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil and freeze. To bake, preheat oven to 375° F (190° C) oven. Remove casserole from freezer and bake, covered, 45 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup (250 mL.) cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Each serving of this casserole provides 2½ servings of vegetables and is an excellent source of calcium and fibre.