Creamy Garlic Broccoli Bites
- Recipe serves:24
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time15 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Boursin® Cheese
- 1 package light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Knorr® Cream of Broccoli Dry Soup Mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (250 mL) chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) water
- 1 lb. (450 g) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, combine Boursin®, cream cheese,Knorr® Cream of Broccoli Dry Soup Mix , cooked broccoli and red peppers. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine egg and water to make an “egg wash”. Set aside.
- On a well-floured flat surface, if necessary*, roll out puff pastry into a large square (or squares), 1/8-inch (3 mm) thick. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut the dough into 2-inch (5 cm) squares.
- Place 1 tsp (5 mL) of filling in the centre of each square and brush the edges lightly with egg wash. Fold the dough in half over the filling to form a small triangular pillow. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve!
- TIP: Puff pastry need to be kept cold in order to rise properly. Do not overwork or warm up the dough when rolling!