Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Recipe serves:8
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time4 hr
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4 all-purpose potatoes, cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 lbs. boneless beef pot roast (rump, chuck or round)
- 1 pouch Knorr® Recipe Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup water
- Arrange carrots and potatoes in slow cooker. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown roast on all sides. Arrange roast in slow cooker.
- Combine Knorr® Recipe Onion Soup Mix and water and stir into same skillet, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Pour contents of skillet into slow cooker. Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH 4 to 6 hours. Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter.
- If you wish to thicken the gravy, simply add 50 mL of water and 30 mL of all-purpose flour to the slow cooker and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.