- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time20 min
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 cups (2 L) peeled and cubed fresh pumpkin or 1 can (540 mL) canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 Knorr® Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 3 cups (750 mL) boiling water
- 1 cup (250 mL) light cream
- 4 ounces (113 g) cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, garlic and pumpkin, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in the bouillon and water mixture. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Stir in the cream and cream cheese. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a blender or food processor, process the soup in batches, at low speed, until smooth. Return the soup to a saucepan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat through and serve.
- TIP: Use 1 can (540 mL) of canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) instead of fresh pumpkin. Stir in the canned pumpkin with the bouillon mixture.