Chicken à la King
- Recipe serves:4
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time10 min
- 3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Imperial® margarine
- 1/2 lb. (250 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) 2% milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry sherry
- 1 package Knorr® Bechamel Classic Sauce Mix
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) dried sage
- 1/4 tsp. (1 mL) dried tarragon
- 2 cups (500 mL) cut-up cooked chicken
- Melt Margarine in large skillet over medium heat and cook mushrooms and pepper, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in milk, sherry and Knorr® Bechamel Classic Sauce Mix. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly with wire whisk. Reduce heat to low and stir in sage, tarragon and chicken. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve, if desired, over hot cooked pasta, rice, vol-au-vent pastry shells or toasted crusty bread slices.